Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Fresh Natural Chili Recipe


Thanks to a friend helping motivate me to get out of the house and do a little more, I joined her in a Tai Chi class today. Don’t know if I can continue, my feet don’t seem to bend the way they should. It was very relaxing and trying something new really motivated me. When I came home I figured I would make some dinner, I have been told to plan out your meals. Have food ready so that you don’t get back in the habit of eating junk. I created this chili recipe using only real foods it makes a good size pot, great to take for lunch and a couple of dinners thru the week.

 
Fresh Natural Chili
4 C Pinto Beans Raw
1 lbs Hamburger
1 Bell Green Bell Pepper (Diced)
3 Cloves Fresh Garlic (Minced)
4 Roma Tomatoes Fresh (Pureed)
4 Roma Tomatoes Fresh (Diced)
4 Serrano Chilies Fresh (Diced)
2 Tbs Salt Plus some for boiling beans
3 Tbs Chili Powder
1 Tbs Cumon
2 tsp Pepper
5 C Chicken Stock
    In Large pot add beans, fill pot with water and add some salt. Cover and cook on med/high heat for 2 hours. Strain beans and set aside, in large pot brown hamburger. Stir all the remaining ingredients into the pot with the cooked hamburger, bring to a boil and cook for ½ hour. Last add the 5 cups chicken stock, stir and let cook on med heat for 1 hour.
This recipe takes a good amount of time to prepare,, that's why its great to make the full batch. Have it ready for meals for a couple days thru the week. I also used all fresh ingredients for my diet to avoid any processed sugars and other added chemicals. If you have a great brand of canned beans or any other ingredient you would like to use just substitute them to speed up the process.

Serves about 12

No comments:

Post a Comment